piatok 12. júla 2013

Upcoming Borderlands photoshoot?


Few months ago when we cosplayed as sirens from Borderlands for the first time, I got an offer for a photoshoot, so of course we took it. And when I befriend our photographer I knew I could look forward to it without any unnecessary stress included because I usually stress out for a whole lot minor stuff..

An idea cross my mind, to make some enemy as well. But of course, I do not have enought time so I simply decided for psycho as my brother fits this character perfectly (sometimes even mentally :D). I am still not completely sure that he will keep his word and do the photoshoot but I made a mask.

It's becoming my motto: "as cheap as possible, but still looking acceptable" >:D
Of course it doesn't always work out... I just think there must be some cheaper materials for cosplayers. When I'll get my act together and finally start working on some more difficult armor, I wil try anything possible. Or even impossible :D


The mask mentioned before.. Once again I acted quite spontaneously and didn't have even a base for it, so I made one (then I realised it was a bit bigger than I wanted..but screw it)

The base is just a fencing covered with glued newspaper. it is a simple process, I remember we used to make it even in my old art school.

 I forget to take photos during the whole process. As always... *headdesk*



Some people asked me what I used on it to get the "right curves" :D The answer is toilet paper soaked in a glue (I use duvilax for paper). So it sounds really strange when someone asks me what it is made of... And of course later on I used also clay to get a smoother look. But if were using clay only, it would be a lot heavier. 


It's quite visible where I used the clay and where not. Even though I didn't want the mask looking exactly the same as in the game (I know I should follow the concept, but I wanted it look more realistic, more badass). That's why I didn't make it as smooth and perfect as in the game. But I think I wouldn't be able to do it that way even if I wanted...





When the base was done, I added some paint using mostly acrylic paint, shadowinf it a bit and so on...



I also glued false leather stripes on borders.


And this is it :)
I hope the photoshoot in august will be amusing :D 


Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára